Ofi Invest ISR
A socially responsible approach
to tapping into the Japanese market’s potential
Ofi Invest ISR Actions Japon invests in Japanese equities to tap into the robust economic and social trends in that country. It offers conviction-based management that selects companies that are fundamentally solid and offer strong growth potential. ISR [SRI]-certified (1), the fund seeks to create value over the long term while reconciling equity investment with socially responsible engagement.
As the world’s third largest economic power, Japan rests on solid pillars
Photo credits: © Lenny-kuhne/unsplash, © Erik-eastman/unsplash, © Note-thanun/unsplash, © Alex-knight/unsplash, © Elias-e/unsplash
Opportunities in 3 major economic and social trends
- Pharmaceuticals & medical devices
- Services personnels
- Higher wages
- Demand for more manufactured products with rising standards of quality
- Trends in consumption habits
- New infrastructure
Responsibility is the hallmark of our investment process
The fund has received the ISR [SRI] label established by the French Ministry of the Economy and Finances, which is based on a stringent labelling process conducted by independent bodies. Within this framework, we apply filters to define a responsible investment universe in which we choose stocks. These filters include:
- exclusion of the 20% least-virtuous companies on Environmental, Social and Governance criteria in each sector of the investment universe, based on MSCI ESG Research ratings;
- selection of follow-up metrics, including carbon intensity, employee coverage by a collective bargaining agreement, and controversies involving Global Compact principles;
- ethical exclusions: exclusion of controversial weapons and companies that do not adhere to Global Compact principles in areas such as human rights, international labour standards and combatting corruption;
- sector exclusions: we do not invest in companies that are closely involved in the thermal coal sector, or in companies whose revenues are closely tied to oil & gas, tobacco production or palm oil.
Why choose Ofi Invest ISR Actions Japon?
As the top supplier of security services in Japan, Secom provides systems and services for home security, convenience and comfort. It does business in 18 countries, and in 1966 developed the world’s first online security system.
- Secom provides its customers with security and peace of mind.
- It is constantly innovating. It supplies Japanese airports with patrol robots for enhanced security.
- It supplies early-warning earthquake alerts and digital storage in earthquake-proof datacentres.